Country of Origin: Spain
Bobkat’65 expertly channels their influence of mid-60’s American Teen Beat garage rock. Based on their answer to question 3, it seems like there might be a bustling garage rock scene coming out of the North of Spain [this is me making a mental note to dive further for future playlists], not far from Basque Country. Bobkat’65’s sophomore release, Back Off Me (out on Get Hip Recordings, the same label that also puts out the Paint Fumes records), offers a nostalgic nod to what the genre is all about.
1. What is your desert island disc (the one album you couldn’t live without)
The Beach Boys – Summer Days and Summer Nights
2. How did the band members meet (or, for a solo musician, how did you get started)?
Paula and Ana met at the university and Diego during concerts.
3. What is the underground music scene like in your home country?
We have many rock n roll bands, mainly garage punk, one of the best regions in Spain for garage music.
4. What are some of your biggest influences outside of music?
Animals, pets, vintage clothing, vintage toys, comics.
5. Tell us about your favorite show you ever played.
Garageville Hamburg Germany, we opened for the festival and everybody was very wild and fun, then all the tour we did in the U.S.