Country of Origin: France
I first heard CATHEDRALE when Frantic City Records put them on a curated playlist for us back in 2017. We also featured their fantastic sophomore release, Facing Death, as an Album of the Week. Given our current coverage of their releases, we are excited to add them to our “Five Questions With…” series!
1. What is your desert island disc (the one album you couldn’t live without?)
We think it has to be a disc that you could listen to at least one time a day or week. So lets say Chairs Missing – Wire
2. How did the band members meet (or, for a solo musician, how did you get started)?
At university for Jules and Felix, Robin was Félix’s roommate, then Max at a gig.
3. What is the underground music scene like in your home country?
There is a lots of bands in Toulouse like Asphalt, Space Padlocks, Noir Audio, Bogan and a lot more. Playing in venues like les Pavillons Sauvages or Le Ravelin I guess.
4. What are some of your biggest influences outside of music?
Literature, Drawings, Love, Death, Shitty moments day life
5. Tell us about your favorite show you ever played.
We played at lot of gigs! Hard to choose one particularly. We like when we are at home but also in other countries.
For home we’d say Release Party Facing Death LP with Uranium Club at Les Pavillons Sauvages in nov 2018. And for other countries we ‘d say Praha, CZ, at Kasárna Karlín an old military base rehabilitated in culture space, playing with our mates Les Concordes!