Country of Origin: Zimbabwe
This week’s “Five Questions With…” features the series’ first band from Africa. Evicted hails from Zimbabwe and offers catchy rock hooks laced with funk.
1. What is your desert island disc (the one album you couldn’t live without?)
Enter Shikari – any album but probably “The Mindsweep”
2. How did the band members meet?
We met through the local music scene in Zimbabwe – from jam sessions gigs etc
3. What is the underground music scene like in your home country?
Underground music is thriving in terms of talent and the number of great artists across all genres, however the economy in Zimbabwe is struggling so there is very little money to develop that talent.
4. What are some of your biggest influences outside of music?
Nature – and the environment. Conservation – we support a prominent anti poaching Organization in Zimbabwe. Politics and social issues in our country and internationally.
5. Tell us about your favorite show you ever played.
Favorite show probably a festival in Victoria falls – 5000 people in a wilderness area, close to one of the 7 wonders of the world.