Five Questions With… Keep Razors Sharp
Band: Keep Razors Sharp
Country of Origin: Portugal
We’ve talked a lot on the show about the psych scenes in Japan, Latin America, and Denmark; however, I’m not sure we’ve given enough love to Portugal! There’s a really cool psych scene right now between Solar Corona, Paisiel, Black Bombaim, Sunflowers, and so much more. Keep Razors Sharp take a bit of that psych element and combine it with a garage rock twang, pop sensibilities, and the occasional dash of shoegaze atmospherics and post-punk groove.
Their latest record, from 2018, is called Overcoming and it’s a solid, fun listen. Check them out!
1. What is your desert island disc (the one album you couldn’t live without)
Bob Dylan’s Bring It All Back Home
2. How did the band members meet (or, for a solo musician, how did you get started)?
It was Bráulio’s (our bass player) idea. We all had a lot of spare time in those days and a place to write some songs. After several years we are still here doing our thing 🙂
3. What is the underground music scene like in your home country?
It is really interesting. [There are] a lot of great acts. From rock’n’roll to hip hop, from some more experimental stuff to singer songwriters. You should discover some of it on Spotify.
4. What are some of your biggest influences outside of music?
5. Tell us about your favorite show you ever played.
We have been blessed with some really good moments on stage… maybe that time we shared the stage with the Black Lips (Rock in Rio) .