Band: Las Pipas de la Paz
Country of Origin: Mexico
After visiting Mexico City for the first time last year I got to experience first hand how vibrant the scene is there, thanks to Cascabel, The Broccolis, and several friends I made at various record shops. Ever since that trip I’ve kept a close ear on the music coming out of that scene. If the two shows we did aren’t enough to convince you, dear reader, to pay attention to rock’n’roll from CDMX, then let Las Pipas de la Paz do the talking. Looking for good ol’ gritty garage punk? Their 2015 release Chicos de Barrio, will leave you feeling satisfied of your craving.
1. What is your desert island disc (the one album you couldn’t live without?)
13th Floor Elevators “Psychedelic Sounds”
2. How did the band members meet (or, for a solo musician, how did you get started)?
We met thanks to the music and cause of being party animals. The rest was destiny.
3. What is the underground music scene like in your home country?
4. What are some of your biggest influences outside of music?
Parties move us. Being with our friends and making new ones is what influences us.
5. Tell us about your favorite show you ever played.
Pedreguer in Spain and Montpellier in France.